What is the Document Controller?
The Document Controller is responsible for controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
What is the definition of document control?
Document Control is a document management profession whose purpose is to enforce controlled processes and practices for the creation, review, modification, issuance, distribution and accessibility of documents.
What is ISO 9001 document control?
Document control is core to ISO 9001, and is common to the other management standards. From ISO 9001:2015: “Documented information required by the qualitymanagement system and by this International Standard shall be controlled” It is one of the six procedures that you must document in ISO 9001:2008.
What is control of records?
This term refers to the Administration of files, documents and records created or received by an organization to ensure proper authorization and procedure for handling or having access to records.
What is record and document?
- Supports technical projects and departments.
- Receives, catalogues and stores hard copies and electronic copies of all technical drawings, reports and related information in an orderly manner, in line with policies and procedures.
- Allocates and controls the document numbering system for the project work.
- Works with precision to ensure that all electronic and hard copy filing is accurate and is easily retrievable.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests to retrieve information, information searches and general requests for support from project/department personnel.
- Accurately updates information as required.
How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
The role of Document Controller is critical in the support of technical teams, departments and projects in the filing and storing of project related documentation. Documentation may be of a confidential or sensitive nature and need to be stored in line with company and industry guidelines.
How much does a document controller earn?
The average wage for a document management specialist earned $38.70 per hour, or $80,500 per year. Those in the bottom 10 percent of the pay scale in this occupation earned an average of $20.27 per hour or $42,150 per year, and the top 10 percent in pay earned an average of $57.07 per hour, or $118,710 per year. [Chron]